- Quinoa – 6 tbsp (Raw)
- Broccoli – 1 small
- Walnuts/Almonds – 6-8nos (Roughly crushed)
- Pomegranate – 1
- Tomato – 1 small
- Sweet Potato – 1 medium
- Green Chillie – 1 to 2 (cut sideways)
- Coriander Leaves – 4 tbsp (Finely chopped)
- Sprouts – 3 -4 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 pinch
- Vinegar/Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Chillie flakes – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and marinate with some olive oil, chillie flakes, ground pepper, coriander powder and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Grill it for 40 minutes at 170 degree C in an oven and keep aside.
- Cook Quinoa in salted water for 15 minutes. Drain it and keep aside.
- Steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes.
- Steam the sprouts for 5 minutes
For the Salad Dressing
- Cut the pomegranate in half. Squeeze out the juice of half pomegranate. Mix it with salt, an equal quantity of olive oil, and 1 tsp of balsamic or regular vinegar. This will be the salad dressing.
- Remove the seeds from the remaining half of the pomegranate and keep them aside for the salad.
- Mix green chilies, sprouts, cooked Quinoa, coriander leaves, steamed broccoli, cut tomato, pomegranate, and crushed nuts. Add the salad dressing and mix well. Finally, before serving, add the grilled sweet potatoes to this and serve immediately.
Quinoa is a pseudo cereal which is gluten free and high in protein. It contains all 9 essential amino acids in sufficient quantity. It is high in Magnesium, B Vitamins, iron, potassium, Calcium, Phosphorous, Vitamin E, fibre and other anti-oxidants. 1 cup of cooked Quinoa has 8 grams of protein with high nutritional value.